Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I've decided....

to be thankful.

I often think to myself: why can't I have a nicer car? Why can't I have a bigger house? Why can't I stay home with Amelia instead of working? Why does everyone else have these things? Why can't I?
Please excuse my pity party.

Often, the materialistic side of life often bogs me down. I think about the things I don't have, the things I want, and I want them now. I often find myself being jealous of the beautiful homes that my friends have while we still are living with our college furniture. Or the cars they drive, when mine is nothing special. Or the clothes they have, when I still shop at the Wal-Mart.

Sigh. I'm sure many of you go through this as well.

But, I'm thankful that God has given me a can-do attitude so that I can have these things eventually.

So:
I'm thankful that I have a nice, warm house- it's small, but that means it's less money to heat it. I'm thankful that we have 2 working cars that are completely paid for. I'm thankful we have no credit card debt. I'm thankful that we are paying cash for my college education (and that I get to go to college again).

I'm grateful for the things that really matter. I'm thankful for my beautiful, healthy, wonderful baby girl. For a husband who works so hard to provide, and who is the best father I could have asked for for Amelia. Who is a Godly man, and who comes home every night. My family, who mean the world to me. My Lord and Savior, who I think is seeking for me to humble myself. Jesus came to serve, not to be served. I seek to be more like Him. I thank Him for helping me put this in perspective. I just need to remember this when the materialstic side gets me down. Sure, I don't have these things. But I've never wanted for any food, clothes, heat, healthcare, etc. So, I tell myself to shut up and be grateful.

Because this is what I have:

 

Ok. I'm done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment