Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Time for reflection of the old year and goals for the new.

So let me share them with you:

Best Moment of 2009:
April 21 when our beautiful Amelia came to be with us. 

Worst Moment of 2009: 
On April 20 when they sent me home from the hospital because the nurses didn't believe I was in true labor because "It's not picking up on the machines." I got to go home without my baby too. Well, on the outside.


Funniest Moment:
Okay-back story needed. Jacob and I are huge fans of Stargate SG-1. Well, in one episode where Colonel O'Neill (played by Richard Dean Anderson- imagine my cartoon-like reaction of my heart pounding through my thorax) is doing a crossword contest against his comrade Major Carter (who is literally a rocket scientist). He turns it in claiming the crossword is completed, and when the crossword is examined more closely the dialogue continues "For the clue celestial body, you put Uma Thurman." 

So....

Jacob and I were discussing which celebrities we would like to date. I don't remember who I said. It was probably Josh Groban or someone, and then I said to Jacob "Okay, you can have Uma Thurman."

And Jacob replies to his wife who has just had a baby and is feeling very self conscious about herself and says. "It's okay honey, I don't want a celestial body, I just want you."

Thanks Jacob.

Incidentally, I keep those little gems locked away in my brain to be used at a moment's notice.


Most appreciated:
All the love and support that was given to us while we were brand new parents and moving into a new house all at the same time. 


We also made some other big changes in 2009. I jumped on the natural-foods-organic bandwagon, and so Jacob was forced to tag along. Incidentally, I've lost all my baby weight plus 6 lbs (yes, I am tooting my own horn, thank you very much). 


We've also become more involved in our church, we have begun teaching Sunday school to kindergartners through 2nd grade. 


We've been Dave Ramsey warriors and have been able to say we own our cars completely and have no credit card debt. I am learning more and more ways to save money and cut out things we don't need. 


We bought our first home that's still under construction, but it's ours, just the same. We love it!


Here are some goals I have for my 2010.
1. Finish nursing school: become an RN. Finally.
2. Grow in Christ and be a model of a Christian wife and mother. This means being who Christ wants me to be in moments when no one is looking. I also want to share my testimony with others, I need to be brave and start to share.

3. Grow my very first organic garden this summer. This should be interesting.
4. Visit my family more often. I want Amelia to know her family and make the same wonderful memories I made.
5. Learn to quilt and complete my first quilt. 
6. Be better about remembering birthdays and anniversaries. I am getting better but I'm so absent minded.
7. I'd like to appear like I have it all together. But that's probably not going to happen. =).
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a great start to 2010.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love this post. I'm glad you had a great year, and good luck to you on your new 2010 goals! You are a blessed woman! I love you!

    ReplyDelete