Thursday, May 28, 2009

Visit to Bisnonna and Bisnonno's house

This past Tuesday was a wonderful day. My little Mia got to meet her Italian side of her family, minus Uncle Fred, who had the flu. They were all so happy to meet her. My Zia (aunt) was so excited when we got there, she completely ignored me and all but ran to the house with the baby in the car seat.
It was so special for me to see my Nonna's face when she met Amelia for the first time. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. Nonna has had many health problems, and so this was a blessing for her to meet Amelia. She has been so excited, I am so thankful to God that they got to meet.
This is a photo of Mia's Bisnonna holding her for the first time.
Mia and her Bisnonna.
Mia and her Nonna and Bisnonno.



This is Mia with Zia Liliana (Mia's great great aunt) and her Bisnonna.

This picture is very special. It's a four generation photo. Bisnonna Elvira, Nonna Maria, Mommy, and Mia. I will treasure this forever. I love how Mia is only crying in this picture, when I am holding her of course. We hope to visit again in June.

We have so many family things to go to this summer, it's crazy. This weekend, Mia will get to see Oma and Opa and help them celebrate 4o years of marriage. She will also get to go to Auntie Em's baby shower. Mia's newest cousin will be here in September. Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Jacob can't wait to meet Baby Iverson.

Last time Mia and I went to see Oma and Opa, Opa made the comment that visiting family doesn't get any easier with having a baby, with having to split our time since all of Mia's grandparents live so close. Opa is right, but we love it all the same, and we will do it gladly.

*All of you know what a big horse lover I am. Sadly, my brother's fiance, Jessica, had to put her horse down last night because of colic. It's my understanding that it was so bad because they think his intestines were twisted. We are so sad to lose Coco, but he will be in our hearts forever.*

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful that Mia got to meet her family! I can't wait to start my own family (I'm a tad jealous, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete