Which brings me to my next point. I spent much of the weekend nursing Amelia, who was under the stress of so many people wanting to show her love. Now, I read up on things, and I thought there has to be another way than Mommy being the pacifier all the time. Amelia would have a couple good times between naps and then she would be fussy. So now we are implementing a modified schedule found in the book Babywise, and we are not nursing Mommy as a means to go to sleep. Yesterday was good, although she has trouble soothing herself for a nap. She did finally go to sleep on her own last night, but boy was it hard to listen to. I know babies cry before their naps, but it broke my heart, even though I knew she was fed, dry, and warm. So I picked her up and did the calming method in "The Happiest Baby on the Block," and she was peaceful but still awake when I put her in her bassinet. She went to sleep just fine, and continued through the night , and today we have continued our schedule. I have noticed in the past few days with the schedule that Amelia is much happier and more alert. It is a challenge getting to know her cries, and I had a mini break down yesterday (from exhaustion!). I feel much better today. I feel ok admitting that I am not super mom, and that the laundry can wait, and it's ok to have frozen pizza for dinner. Being a mommy is very challenging, but I love it all the same.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Baby Amelia, week 6
We had a wonderful weekend with our Isenburg family. Amelia got to see Auntie Em for her baby shower, as well as many of her cousins and aunts and uncles. After the baby shower, Amelia, Mommy and Daddy got to enjoy a day with the family. Jacob spent much of the time with all of the little ones and the four wheeler. I must say he was quite popular, especially with our youngest nephew who wanted "Bunsie" because he was on the four wheeler. Jacob is called Uncle Bunsie, and I think it's hilarious. Anyway while uncle Eric and Bunsie were outside, Amelia and I went quilt shopping with Oma, Aunt Julie, Aunt Abby, and Auntie Em. I must say, I was exhausted when we came home on Sunday.
Which brings me to my next point. I spent much of the weekend nursing Amelia, who was under the stress of so many people wanting to show her love. Now, I read up on things, and I thought there has to be another way than Mommy being the pacifier all the time. Amelia would have a couple good times between naps and then she would be fussy. So now we are implementing a modified schedule found in the book Babywise, and we are not nursing Mommy as a means to go to sleep. Yesterday was good, although she has trouble soothing herself for a nap. She did finally go to sleep on her own last night, but boy was it hard to listen to. I know babies cry before their naps, but it broke my heart, even though I knew she was fed, dry, and warm. So I picked her up and did the calming method in "The Happiest Baby on the Block," and she was peaceful but still awake when I put her in her bassinet. She went to sleep just fine, and continued through the night , and today we have continued our schedule. I have noticed in the past few days with the schedule that Amelia is much happier and more alert. It is a challenge getting to know her cries, and I had a mini break down yesterday (from exhaustion!). I feel much better today. I feel ok admitting that I am not super mom, and that the laundry can wait, and it's ok to have frozen pizza for dinner. Being a mommy is very challenging, but I love it all the same.
One of the loves of my life =)
Which brings me to my next point. I spent much of the weekend nursing Amelia, who was under the stress of so many people wanting to show her love. Now, I read up on things, and I thought there has to be another way than Mommy being the pacifier all the time. Amelia would have a couple good times between naps and then she would be fussy. So now we are implementing a modified schedule found in the book Babywise, and we are not nursing Mommy as a means to go to sleep. Yesterday was good, although she has trouble soothing herself for a nap. She did finally go to sleep on her own last night, but boy was it hard to listen to. I know babies cry before their naps, but it broke my heart, even though I knew she was fed, dry, and warm. So I picked her up and did the calming method in "The Happiest Baby on the Block," and she was peaceful but still awake when I put her in her bassinet. She went to sleep just fine, and continued through the night , and today we have continued our schedule. I have noticed in the past few days with the schedule that Amelia is much happier and more alert. It is a challenge getting to know her cries, and I had a mini break down yesterday (from exhaustion!). I feel much better today. I feel ok admitting that I am not super mom, and that the laundry can wait, and it's ok to have frozen pizza for dinner. Being a mommy is very challenging, but I love it all the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Liz- You are an amazing mother!!! YOU ARE DOING SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB!!!! Cannot wait to see you girls!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShe's such a beautiful baby :) I promise it does get better. we tried some things from babywise and if you can bear through it, it works. it's much harder on you than her...just hold on!
ReplyDelete