Tomorrow, our Amelia will be one month old. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was in the hospital, yet I can hardly believe she is already a month old.
Amelia is such a beautiful girl, and she knows it. She looks at me with those big blue eyes... and what can I say, I'm hooked. Her Daddy is too! Our little Mia loves to look at our faces, even when I read to her. I try and point her head toward the pretty pictures, but she just looks at Mommy, and then at Buddy, our puppy (by the way, Buddy is in love with Amelia, we were so worried that he would be jealous). During tummy time, Mia will hold her head up and then move her legs and try to squirm somewhere, it's so cute!! She loves bath time and the feel of the water. I love it, because she'll start to fuss and then realize that she likes it.
I'm very lucky, Amelia likes to sleep at night. Last night, I got a full 6 hours, I wasn't sure what was going on. Amelia will also go to sleep on her own if she is tired enough, but more often than not, she likes to nurse to go to sleep. Amelia won't take a pacifier to go to sleep, she's already seen through that gimmick. She wants the real thing! Even when she is mad, I'll try to give her the paci, and she takes her hand and very angrily pushes it out of her mouth after she tries it out for a few minutes. She's a very bright girl.
Breastfeeding is going well, although I'll admit it was a struggle those first few days home from the hospital. I was very emotional and worried about my baby, and Mia was having trouble latching on and staying on. I do think she's getting enough, because in two weeks since her last doctor visit, she's gained 2 lbs, and she even has a double chin and rolls on her legs. I also love hearing her voice, and she makes the cutest noises when she nurses. She and her Mommy are pro eaters!! And she is giving her Daddy a run for her money in the gas department! She's also looking more and more like him everyday.
Jacob is a wonderful Daddy. The sound of his voice is music to her ears. To her, there is nothing like her Daddy's arms. Luckily, Amelia isn't usually very fussy, but she does have a temper. She only gets upset when it's feeding time, she needs changed, or isn't done burping. She does let us know loudly when something is wrong.
And in case you're wondering, Amelia loves to listen to Josh Groban, just like Mommy. She also loves Phantom of the Opera and songs from the Sound of Music. "Over the Rainbow" is a favorite lullaby too.
It's hard to believe that so much has changed in the past month, but I love it all. I do wonder if I can do it sometimes, and if I am doing the things I need to do, and if I am doing it correctly.
Some of the things I have learned this past month:
1. Yes, they do go through diapers that fast.
2. Stand to the side when changing a diaper.
3. Make sure they are done going to the bathroom before you change it.
4. Move a baby gently after feeding, as you don't want to be wearing it.
5. Yes, you can love something that much.
P.S. Jacob and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary yesterday. It's been the happiest two years yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment