These past 2 months have been *crazy* for the Isenburg household. I'll give you a brief run down of events to get you up to speed.
April- Mia's 1st birthday is accompanied by the passing of my beloved Nonna, who suffered from Rheumatic heart disease (caused by untreated strep throat) and consequential congestive heart failure. I think of her everyday, and wish I could call her and tell her I love her. But I ask Jesus to do that for me now, and I'm pretty sure He's happy to oblige.
May- finished my 3rd semester of nursing school, and wouldn't you know it- I get sick. I'm fine one day- and having abnormal heart rhythms the next. After many tests - they thought it was a pulmonary embolism - and a heart doctor who wanted me to go on dangerous medications (I said no of course)- I've come to the conclusion that I had a nasty flare up of mono (which I had when I was 14). And in the middle of all this, I decide to interview for a new job and scholarship. I get both (woo-hoo), which brings us to-
June- I start my new job and we start remodeling our kitchen. We (and by "we" I mean Jacob, Larry (his dad), John (my dad), and Derek from church) gutted it, re-wired and redid the plumbing and..... yeah. That's it.
So here I sit, while Amelia is napping (she didn't sleep well last night - silly molars), in a house that is SO cramped and cluttered and dusty no matter how much I clean and straighten up and vacuum. My table is in the living room and so is Amelia's high chair. The rest of my kitchen is in the 3rd bedroom. And I can say without qualms is that I am a wreck inside as well. This is driving me nuts. I want my sink back and I don't want to wash dishes in the bathtub (don't freak out, I use two plastic tubs not the actual bathtub).
So- that's my life right now, combined with this new job and a class this summer, I'm pretty busy. Here's a few pics to leave you with!
My diva!
Crazy hair!
Summer time!
No comments:
Post a Comment