Monday, June 15, 2009

Oh this and that....

Hello friends. I cannot believe that it is already the middle of June. It feels like the summer is flying by, and I have yet to enjoy it.

First off, I feel like we will never get unpacked from moving into our house. It really drives me crazy, with stuff still everywhere, and our kitchen not being done. We are waiting until next year to redo it, so right now, it's in a "working state." I can cook and everything, but have no counter space and the floors are the old brown tile floor which was underneath really cheap carpet, and it's gross. I hate walking on it. I just keep telling myself that I will be walking on beautiful wood floors in less than a year. So, I should keep my eyes on the prize.

Last weekend was SO nice. Jacob and I went on a date (omg, I know) with our friends from church. Then we spent Saturday going to Merrillville and getting Mia's bed rails for her convertible crib, going to the evening service at church and watching Smallville with Mia. It was so nice to have a weekend at home, the next 2 weeks are going to be CRAZY. I am really glad to have Mia on a schedule, which I took from the Baby Wise book by Ezzo, for those who are interested. It's really nice because the author is Christian and he also employs principles I agree with, like consistency and as a parent, I need to decide what is best for my child, not having my child decide what is best for her. Anyway, it's worth reading if you are a parent of an infant. He also has books for toddlers and stuff. Take it for what it's worth.

Last night was Mia's first whole night in her room. We have moved her from the bassinet. I was actually able to put her down at 9:30 instead of 10:30, and she slept all through the night. Better than I did, in fact. It was harder for me. Anyway, here is a pic of her nursery.
And here is a pic of Jacob with his little girl.

picture of Mia's content face =)

This is while she is getting her diaper changed, she gets really excited for some reason! Maybe it's because we have a wipe warmer?

I just had to get a picture of her crying. When she's not real upset, she sticks her lower lip out, it's so stinkin cute, I'll get a pic of that eventually.

And this one is of our angel sleeping. Love it!

3 comments:

  1. Mia is so BEAUTIFUL.... she is growing way to fast. I am glad you enjoy baby wise.... i did to! You are a WONDERFL MOTHER and I am very proud of you darling! Can I drop off Mia's gift???? I hope so ... it is way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, She is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen! Congrats on your family, and actually getting to have family time.

    ReplyDelete