Monday, February 1, 2010

Pick-me-up Monday

When Amelia awoke this morning (again) at 3 am, I somehow knew God was testing my patience.
What I didn't realize is that when I listened very closely, God put these verses upon my heart:


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6 (New International Version)
AND

 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New International Version)

 Recently, I read this post at passionatehomemaking.com on how to put God very close to you everyday. I have since taken her approach. She does a daily devotion every morning (she also gets up early), but I find I want to sleep in the morning when Mia and I are recovering from her 1-2 hours every night being awake and unable to settle herself.

But now what I do is this, and since it's Monday, it's a perfect time to share this time-managing tip.

I have begun making my TO DO lists on index cards, this helps me put my day in perspective and manage my time. On the back, I write a Bible verse and then stick it in my pocket. That way, every time I pull out that card, or need a pick-me-up, I can reflect on those Bible verses, and keep God centered in my mind. Because:
23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.Colossians 3:23-24 (New International Version)

May your Monday, and your week, be blessed!

 

1 comment: