Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Shower, 35 weeks

Hello all! I have been so busy lately, it translates into me being SO tired. I finally thought I would take a break from studying and update the blog.
This past weekend was full of excitement. Many of my friends and family came from all over for the shower of Baby Girl Isenburg. It was so nice to see everyone. I got to visit with my cousins and BFF's. I got so many special gifts and I cried, as you can imagine.

Auntie Nicky and Ariana came to the shower, bringing lots of laughs with them. They came over to my parents house afterward, what a great time!

Our niece Caitlin painted this awesome Calla Lilly, continuing her theme from our wedding. It will look so good in our nursery, once the nursery is completed and painted!
My cousin Jessica traveled all the way from Illinois to be here. She and her daughter decided to help me with unwrapping gifts and throw away the wrapping paper!
Brandy, Diana and RJ made it all the way to Galveston from Northwest Indiana. It was great seeing them there!
Auntie Katie made her very first quilt just for Baby Girl. It's very special to me, it has Katie's fave color: pink, and my fave color: purple, and I was just thrilled to get it. Auntie Katie also made a scrapbook/album for my daughter, and it had lots of pictures of Auntie Katie and Mommy being silly in high school, and from our weddings. It made me cry. I will treasure it forever.


Remember a few blog posts ago when I mentioned Jacob's Mom, Pat and I went to get material for a quilt. This is a picture of the material and color before....And here it is after! I was so thrilled, the quilt color turned out so good!! It's only pieced, not quilted, because Oma Pat embroiders information like Baby's birthday, weight, etc on it after she's born.
Baby Girl's Aunt Julie also made a quilt for the baby, I didn't have a picture of it, though. Auntie Nicky is currently making a blanket, and my Nonna has made 2 blankets and is making a third. With all the wonderful clothes and blankets for Baby Girl, she'll never be naked or cold. Thank you to everyone!And thank you, Oma Pat and Nonna Maria for the wonderful shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment