Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hello everyone!

We are quickly approaching Amelia's second birthday, and she just amazes me more and more every day. She's adjusting well to my schedule of being gone 3 days a week (for my new job as an RN  - go me!) while she goes to "Aren's" house to see "Addy," and having more time with Daddy.

She's sleeping much better through the night- with only 1 night time waking that takes a minute to put her back to sleep. She's also been really good about telling us when she wants to go to bed. Mia is really into her purple blanket and TT her tiger for nap and bed time. I was hoping we wouldn't have something she had to be without, but it's okay. Luckily, Nonna made 2 purple blankets so I have one for a back up.


She knows most of her colors now, and can count to 3 then skips to 7 and 8. She knows the letter "I," but refuses to sing the ABC's with me. She really loves her animals, so to celebrate her 2nd birthday, we are making a special trip to the zoo where she can see "Nemo" and the tigers. She's obsessed with cows and mice, she loves her baby doll and really enjoys playing "nigh-nigh." She really likes planes, and choo-choo trains (we hear them ALL the time at our house), and being outside. She will beg me to go outside or go for a walk and put on her coat and shoes and wait by the door. Her favorite song/rhyme is "Hey diddle diddle," and she likes "Rainbow or Night" for her lullabies. (Somewhere over the Rainbow or Silent Night). Yes, I know it's Christmas song, but that's okay. At least we have finally gotten over watching Frosty the Snowman, which came to an end just a week ago (let me emphasize the finally).  Recently, she has wanted to make "soup" for Daddy while I'm cooking dinner in the kitchen. It involves a pot, some bouillon cubes and a spoon, but it keeps her happy and away from the stove.

We've started to potty train Mia and we even bought her some special big girl Tinkerbell underwear, but so far she likes to take them off and just run around naked, while making a mess on the floor (which is why we have laminate flooring in the main living area). She has gone potty in her little training potty and will sometimes tell me she has to go, but she will only squeeze out a little bit. Then we use some toilet paper and then dump it in the big potty and wave bye bye to the pee-pee. It's so funny to watch her do it. Hopefully she will get the hang of it soon. I'm not pushing it, but since I use cloth diapers, it would be nice not to have to wash them anymore.

Jacob and I are doing well. This year's project is to finish up the house. That means unpacking, finishing the painting, putting up the trim, putting in a new bathroom and a new living room window, new interior doors, a new front door and putting on the closet doors. Hopefully we can get it done by the end of summer, because we want to move Mia into a big girl bed, but I don't want to do that with the closet doors off, etc. So for now, we'll just keep trudging along until it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment