Tuesday, September 29, 2009
really, 5 months?
Amelia is now 5 months old. Really? Yes! And time is flying by, which makes me sad.
First things first. Amelia is definitely developing a personality, and she is wanting her mommy more and more. Not that I mind, except that now she can't go to sleep at night without mommy right by her side. It's been taking 2 hours to put her to bed, she cries and cries and gets so upset until Mommy comes in and soothes her. Then Mommy leaves and the whole thing starts again. I'm getting tired, but I'll persevere, I still love being her Mommy. This is just what babies do, and God must be wanting to teach me patience.
Now for the fun stuff.
Mia is now enjoying solid foods (in addition to nursing), and I mean she really enjoys them. Her favorites are squash and peas (organic, of course. Mom calls me a hippie, but she's going organic too). She also enjoys sweet potatoes, apples, pears, and her brown rice cereal (which I still think is as nutritious as eating a piece of paper, but never mind that). It's getting hard to feed her, as she gets distracted by every little thing, and will focus on what she has a new-found interest in, rather than eating. Doesn't she understand that Mommy needs to get stuff done? Oh well, one more lesson in patience.
Mia can now roll over from front to back and back to front (Uncle Zach says "plus 1 agility"). Her doctor is amazed at how strong she is and to prove it, she can also sit up by herself now. She enjoys playing in her exer-saucer and making attempts at crawling on the ground. I ended up taking her bumper out of her crib due to her rolling over all the time and crawling. That way, when she decides to have fun when she is supposed to be sleeping, she doesn't get her faced pressed up against the bumper.
Amelia loves animals. Our dog, Buddy, is the only one who can make her laugh spontaneously, it's such a joy to hear. She also loves Ms. Lisa's dog Dora, and kitties, as Ms. Brandy discovered. Maybe we have a future veterinarian on our hands, hmm?
Anyway, here are some pictures 5 months. Playing on the floor, and rockin' the sunglasses/Halloween outfit. Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment